Friday, May 24, 2013

A FEW GOOD SANDALS: Part 1

Okay now that it is warmer weather in my area of the globe, most people feel it is safer to begin shedding some of the extra material covering the feet (be it leather or "all man-made materials").  If I could, I would go barefoot all of the time during the warmer weather because I am a minimalist when it comes to shoes.  I like for my feet to breathe. 

Anyway, it is also the time when people start planning more vacays.  And more walks in the park, and more hikes.  For many like me, it is important that the feet are comfortable and well supported when they are going to be used for extended periods of time.  When it comes to walking, comfort comes first.  If you are like me you don't want to end up with issues such as fallen arches, plantar fasciitis, or bursitis. 

I love a good sandal.  A well constructed sandal.  When I was younger I bought sandals mainly for the look.  But I have seasoned, and become more educated.  And learned how to shop smarter.  So I buy sandals for the support FIRST and the style SECOND. 

Just in time for the Memorial Day Weekend Sales, I am going to discuss sandal brands who pride themselves in the construction of the footbed, so that your feet will stay supported and as healthy as possible.  I will not completely forsake style ( never will I do this), but I am more concerned with a comfortable foot than chains or rhinestones this time.  And most of the sandals I will share have many unisex styles!! This is not just for the ladies.  Stay tuned and I will reveal some of the sandal brands that will keep your feet on the move this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment