Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Make up Artistry--Not just for Pageant Contestants Anymore


After putting it off for a while, I am jump-starting my make up artistry business again...and I am feeling quite good about it.  I feel like I'm reunited with my love after a bit of a hiatus.  But I couldn't just jump in head first.  The world of cosmetics is like the world of technology....it is always changing.  what worked for a girl going to prom five years ago may be as outdated as the original Blackberry. (And yes I do still have a Blackberry...for now).  And there are so many new brands, formulations, and techniques.  So I've had some research to do of course.  And I had to load my case with new products.  But I am going to redo my portfolio, sharpen my eyeliner pencils, and sanitize all of my pro brushes.

Getting your makeup done by a real pro is not like having your cousin do it (unless, of course, your cousin is a pro).  And it's not necessarily like going to the cosmetic counter where you will be pressured into buying products.  Pros specialize in techniques that give you the most camera-friendly looks, pay attention to detail, and use our magic to help the make up to stay fresh on your face from the time you walk down the aisle or red carpet to the very last dance!!  We use shading--contouring and highlighting to add dimension to your face.  A pro won't make a seventeen-year-old prom queen look like  "a lil' old lady", nor should we make a forty-something mom going to an interview for an law office job look like Nicki Minaj.  And some men come to pros for "man grooming",contouring, smoothing, shine control, etc. before going before a camera.

I am booking appointments for proms, weddings, photography sessions, and any other special occasion.

And since I am in the rebuilding stage I offer many discounts.  Pro artists normally charge anywhere from $40-$150 per face, depending on their training and experience, and the type of job it is.  My current rates normally begin a $40 per face; however, right now I am discounting that fee...on a sliding scale.  Just email, text, call, or FB message me for pricing.  Don't let the price scare you, I can work with anyone.


***I am not a salesperson nor do I represent a particular cosmetics brand.  However, I do use upscale and professional makeup brands including Urban Decay, Nars, Tarte, M.A.C., Dermablend and more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment